Online: Introduction to Fibre Optics - Half Day
Upcoming Courses: 11th June 2021 & 16th July 2021
This introduction course is ideal for those who wish to plan, design and install
data & security systems and any IP IOT device connected using Optical fibre cable. Or if you are becoming more involved in understanding fibre backbones and wish to understand a little better for your role.
- Fundamental theory of Fibre optic transmission
- Overview of fibre types- Multimode OM1,2,3,4,5 – Singlemode Fibre – MPO
- ‘how’ and ‘why’ fibre optic cabling is used in a datacomms & security environment
- How optical fibres work, current standards and terminologies
- Identification of fibre optic components, types of connectors & ways to terminate,Test
- Working safely with optical fibres
- Overview of installation procedures and working practices
- Preparation of fibre optic cabling for termination, connectorisation and splicing
- Testing overview, including ILS (Light Meters) OTDR’s
- Brief overview Interpreting test results
On completion of this online course you automatically qualify for our ( Half day) practical course at our purpose built facility.
Training the Future
Official ITEX Training Academy
Wood Communications have a purpose built modern training facility, which can successfully deliver a comprehensive range of Certified training and tailor-made product introduction courses.
Our level of training caters for all subject areas including Fibre, Copper Cat5e/6/6a, Wireless, Data Centre, Portable Appliance Testing & IP CCTV. Everything from “how to install Cat6a structured cabling” through to advanced networking and electrical testing, our portfolio of courses is virtually unlimited.
Wood Communications have provided training for many clients over the years from household names such as Eir, Virgin Media, Three Mobile, Vodafone, An Garda Siochana, Irish Rail, Interxion, Google, Apple and lots more.
How about another area?
Other Areas we specialise in
These courses are designed to give delegates either a recognised qualification or a 1 day introduction in Cat5e, Cat6 or Cat6a structured cabling.
The Registered Communications Distribution Designer Course (RCDD) is to gain advanced understanding of telecommunication systems.
Wireless / IP CCTV
If you are a sales personnel who wants to find out more information on how wireless can benefit the end user then a course at Wood Communications Ltd is ideal for you.
What our Customers Say…
“The course has empowered with the knowledge to confidently ask the questions, comprehend and challenge the answers.”John TaylorEDF Energy
“Very informative, good detail and relevant with up to date content.”Anthony McNamaraESB Electricity
“Excellent course for an introduction to data centre design, course notes excellent as a reference and the course solidified a lot of pockets of information gathered over the years.”K J HamillAlltec Fibre Ltd.